Monday, February 28, 2011

Comments for Kids (C4K) Summary Post

Comment #1
Damara's Blog

I first commented on Damara's blog. She's a sixth grader and lives in Canada. She wrote about how she went on a ski field trip with her school to Asessippi. She said that this was her first time to go skiing, she had a lot of fun, but it was painful because her friend crashed into her on the bunny slope. I commented on how cool it was that she got to go on a ski field trip with her school, told her where I lived in the southeastern U.S., and said how we rarely get snow. I also told her that I've been skiing before so I understand what she means when she says it can be painful, and I encouraged her to try it again.

ski resort


Comment #2
Gina Marie's Blog

This student is a 5th grader in Mr. St. Pierre's class at Terryville Elementary in New York. Her blog post was about how (in a previous post) she had difficulty in breathing on Valentine's Day, but she went to the doctor and found out she had a bronchospasm and had to be put on a nebulizer. I commented by introducing myself, where I was from, and that I wanted to be a math teacher. Then I told her that I've had trouble breathing in the past but have never had to be put on a nebulizer like her and it looked very scary. She had a picture of herself with the nebulizer on her face on her blog, so I told her that she reminded me of Darth Vader on Star Wars! Haha! I also asked her if she had to go to school with the nebulizer or was even able to go to school at all. I hoped she got to feeling better soon.

I just looked tonight and saw that she responded back to my comment! I'm so excited! This is my first response from a comment that I've posted on anyone's blog and it feels so good. She was so nice. She  answered my question that she was able to go to school and just had to use the nebulizer before she went to bed.  She also said that she really appreciated my comments and that she thinks that I'll be a good math teacher based on my writing and my personality through my writing. That is so cool. I don't even know this girl and she is such an inspiration to me. She also answered my question that she was able to go to school and just had to use the nebulizer before she went to bed.

Comment #3
Nathan's Blog

Nathan is in Grade 5 at Pt. England School in New Zealand. He blogged about a camping trip that he went on with his dad at Point England Reserve. He said they slept in a tent and went floundering on top of the cliff and cooked the fish they caught earlier that day. I first introduced myself and told him where I went to school and then I told him that it's so cool that he's from New Zealand. I told him I've been to Australia before and loved it there but never to NZ. I also said that the camping trip sounded really fun and that catching and cooking your own food seemed pretty cool too. I told him I'm not really a "camping girl" so I've never slept in a tent before or caught a meal I was going to cook and eat later, but I had been camping in a RV at the lake and LOVED that.

camping

No comments:

Post a Comment