Sunday, March 6, 2011

Personal Learning Network Project #10

symbaloo

Progress Report 1 on PLN
Click on the Symbaloo image to visit my Symbaloo site

Before this class I didn't even know what a Personal Learning Network was. I watched that video that a 7th grader did about her PLN using Symbaloo and I was simply amazed that someone that young could know how to do all that. A PLN just seems so efficient and easy if I'm willing to learn and explore how to use it. I'm using Symbaloo to organize all my frequently visited webpages and sites, however it is still a work in progress.  I have my Google docs, Gmail, Youtube, Blogger, Facebook, and Twitter linked to it right now. I also have the Apple website, Pandora, Craigslist, and the Yellow Pages on here too. I also have different buttons on here with certain categories such as Education, Travel, Shopping, and Images. I have browsed certain sites but have yet to customize these categories the way I want them yet. I have recently discovered iGoogle as well, for a way to manage my PLN. I like it because I can see my Google Reader as well as specific blogs that I've subscribed to via RSS. I know that I can put a tile on Symbaloo for my Google reader but I like the format better on iGoogle because it already pops up with information from people's blogs. With Symbaloo I have to click on a tile; with iGoogle all of my preferences are already open. I know that Dr. Strange loves Twitter but I just haven't been able to find the love that he and so many other classmates have for it. I do use it but I mostly see what other people have to say rather than post anything myself. I think it's a great resource to see what other educators are thinking and get their opinions as well as valuable information on a subject related to education, but I also think that blogs are just as valuable which is why I like to utilize my Google reader on iGoogle.

No comments:

Post a Comment